Our home will be the Glorious ‘Anand Ashram’ in Ubud, Bali. It is an incredible container for spiritual growth, circus play, theatrical co-creation and epic good-times. This is our third year in this fully functional temple of awakening. You have to see it to believe it.
Nestled in luscious rice paddies, with an enchanted garden, meditation pool, Goddess temple, giant Buddha-Hall and of course the Inn for Spiritual Travelers (that’ where we will stay)
20 days stating in mid-April – (Exact start date coming very soon)
Affordable! This is a community project ~ not a retreat so we aim to keep the vibe high and the costs as low as we can get ‘em. $650 USD (£400 UK) Gets you :
▪ 3 weeks shared accommodation. (20 days)
▪ 3 yummy organic meals a day.
▪ 3dom to play and co-create in heaven.
(Note: In addition we will ask everyone to help out in the kitchen at least once, as a gift to the community heart )
The Deposit – HIGHLY IMPORTANT
WE MUST FIRST PAY THE DEPOSIT ON THE ASHRAM – YOUR DEPOSIT WILL GO STRAIGHT TOWARDS THIS.
▪ This year the free-school is first come, first win – Final absolute date for deposits is January 30th.
▪ Deposit – $150 USD or £100 UK
▪ The rest can be paid once you arrive in Indonesian Rupiah.
▪ Once you apply I will send you the paypal account for the Ashram and you can send it right to them.
WANNA PLAY? – Click here to make your application.
More about the Ashram.
We will once again be co-creating an epic community bliss-bubble in a glorious Ashram in Ubud. The space has been generously offered to us, at cost, by the humble and beautiful grandfather of Love himself, Anand Krishna. You will learn more about this wonderful man and why he is currently locked in jail, set-up by those who wish to silence his message. One earth, one sky, one human kind.
THIS NEXT BIT IS VERY IMPORTANT. Please be fully aware that this is a working ashram that offers a schedule of regular spiritual activities to the local community. It is a place to feel conscious, connected and free and also does come with a few rules. Ask yourself truly, if you are ready to step into this place of awareness.
Key BOUNDARIES to be aware of :
Respect the devotees who come to worship – better still – get invloved
▪ No drugs or alcohol
▪ No sex – sorry folks (this includes open sexual behaviour – Asia has different code of respect to us)
▪ No shirts off – Sleeveless shirts are fine.
▪ Other than that we wish for you to BE-YOU-TIFUL.
How does the Free-School work?
With Love! In the old model of schooling, you pay with sacks of gold, to show-up and have your education served like in a fancy Restaurant. With a free-school, we transcend this paradigm, in exchange for a multi-directional, open source, community powered education experience. We make decisions as a community and hold space for one another to be fantastic.
Our Theme for 2014 : ‘Be Witnessed’
▪ Courage calls to the heart of a lion. Within us all there is an unselfish power that when un-veiled gives us the strength to really offer the world the gifts we are here to offer. Being witnessed in your naked truth is a gateway to open this power and truly shine.
▪ It is time to harness our FEAR and saddle up for an intimate experience of truth, that will call us closer to ourselves as confident, empowered beings of light.
▪ Together we will ground our development as artists, performers and facilitators in the truth that our world needs brave souls who are ready to step out of the mold and Make a Scene! This is the heart of circus, and this is the heart of our divine wish to play together.
What sort of workshops are we looking for? - All sorts!
Workshops in alignment with our theme are encouraged. All offerings may vary in length from 20 minutes up to 2 hours, and cover a spectrum experiences. Here just a few examples :
▪ 1 hr. Hoop Isolation Workshop.
▪ 2 hr. facilitated contact-improv jam – with opening and closing experience.
▪ 1 hr. storytelling workshop – ‘Opening to the Childs Mind.’
▪ 1+half hr. Theatre Improv – Character through Clowning
▪ half hr. Cacao Ceremony leading into 1 hr. ecstatic dance
▪ 1 hr. Morning Yoga Practice
These are just a selection ideas, but perhaps they will inspire you with the diversity of experience we are inviting.
Keep in your heart and mind.
▪ Classes don’t always need to instruct every step of the participants. They can take on a more co-laboratory feel. Perhaps the best way for the group to learn is through free-play? The important thing is that you create the container and that you hold the space. Purveyors of ecstatic experience that connect us in a shared opening such as; jams, dances and song circles are so very welcome.
▪ Forms of ritual, ceremony or spiritual offering are also very welcome. We especially appreciate non-dogmatic spiritual practice that is inclusive to all beings.
▪ The first Morning Slot will be reserved specifically for people to host Yoga Classes. Yogi’s come forth!
This may seem like a lot of information, yet it is all really quite simple. We choose to exist in Love with compassion for all who play with us. If you feel some fear in this moment, or inadequacy, then great, or worry about the money, then let us know and we will help you grow through it. We believe in Divine Playgrounds. Safe spaces to love, learn, play and pray. If you wish to join us in Bali, then please fill out this
Please join the Dream Awakening FB group to stay connected https://www.facebook.com/groups/110741489041257/
and the FB event invite if appropriate
Blessings to you all,
More Images from previous years :